Global Fund launches its 2022-2025 Technical Review Panel recruitment
The Global Fund Board is currently seeking health care, public health and development professionals to serve on its independent review body, the Technical Review Panel (TRP).
The Global Fund relies on the TRP to ensure that Global Fund investments in country programs are strategically focused, technically sound and aligned to the 2023-2028 Global Fund Strategy: Fighting Pandemics and Building a Healthier and More Equitable World.
The Global Fund officially launched the 2022 Technical Review Panel (TRP) recruitment on 1 June. It welcomes applications from experts across the world in one or more of the following primary areas of expertise:
- Resilient and sustainable systems for health
- Equity, human rights and gender equality, including community leadership
- Health financing and sustainability
- Pandemic preparedness and response
In addition to the core technical expertise in the above areas, the TRP also seeks individuals with crosscutting experience in the following:
- Program design, implementation and management of integrated, people-centred health services
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Innovative health approaches
- Prevention from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment
- Challenging operating environments
The Global Fund is looking for candidates who reflect the diversity of gender, race, sexuality, disability, nationality and geographical regions of countries where the Global Fund invests.
The TRP is updated every three years to align with the Global Fund’s three-year allocation periods. The recruitment and selection of TRP members is managed by the Global Fund Board’s Strategy Committee through a public call for applications, using an open, transparent and criteria-based process. The selection process consists of the following steps: longlist screening, shortlisting panel reviews, and final decision by the Strategy Committee.
All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by January 2023.
How to apply
The TRP Recruitment page on the Global Fund website includes the call for applications, the link to the application form and social media resources (new to this recruitment!) for interested candidates; and requests you to pass the word along to your networks. The Global Fund needs help in reaching qualified experts: for anyone who might be interested, the website has a YouTube video of what it’s like to serve on the TRP.
The Global Fund invites you to:
- Share the call for applications here with your networks.
- Post on social media using these resources here to encourage interested and available experts to apply. To use the social media resources, download the image you would like to share and then upload it to the network of your choice.
- Recommend a suitable expert by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, email and area(s) of expertise of the person for the recruitment company, Devex, to contact them to apply.
The closing date for applications is 24 July 2022.
The selection of candidates by the Global Fund Strategy Committee is expected to be completed in January 2023.